February 07, 2015

High Street Haul | Discovering New Products





This week I picked up a couple of new products whilst on my travels in Cardiff. One of the products had been recommended to me and others are just ones I've had my eye on for a while.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Foaming Cleanser £5.00
I had been recommended this by a friend after I complained that I couldn't find an affordable cleanser that was suitable for blemished/oily skin, so when she recommended this Body Shop Foaming Cleanser I thought I'd give it a go. I have never tried any of the Body Shop's Skincare range before so I was looking forward to trying it out. The cleanser says it is suitable for blemished skin and comes in a green bottle with a pump dispenser. The liquid inside is pumped out into a light white foam which you then use to cleanse your face. So far I have been impressed with this product, however I can't provide a full review just yet until I have used it for a while.

Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 'On and On Bronze' £4.99
I have wanted to try Maybelline's Colour Tattoos forever so when I saw they had a buy one get another half price on Maybelline products, I thought I would grab one to try. I decided on On and On Bronze, mainly because it's the type of colour I'd usually go for when I wear eye shadow. I haven't worn cream eye shadow in years, not since I was young when I had no idea which way was the best to apply it etc. I can't wait to try this one out and if I love it, I will definitely be picking up Permanent Taupe, Eternal Gold and Pink Gold.

Maybelline Brow Satin in 'Medium Brown' £5.99
I originally went to pick up my usual brow pencil by Maybelline but came across their brow satin at the same time. I thought I'd have a change and pick it up. The product is basically a retractable pencil at one end and a stain on a little sponge tip at the other. It adds a light stain to your brows, helping fill in the gaps and making your brows look more defined and shapely.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick in 'In Love with Ginger' £6.49
In search of my perfect red lipstick I came across this beauty. I have heard the name 'In Love With Ginger' floating around blogs in previous years so when I recognised the name and liked the colour I thought I'd grab it. I swatched it in store and loved the orangey tones - thinking it would be an ideal summer red. It's fairly matte but it's not totally matte as it provides great moisturisation for your lips without losing it's vibrant colour.

MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquer in 'Reckless' £3.00
I'd wanted to try Rimmel's Apocalips Matte Lip Lacquers in so long, so when I came across MUA's similar version at a cheaper price, I'm a sucker for a bargain and thought at £3 you can't go wrong. I was fancying a dark red so chose 'Reckless'. I can't even describe the staying power that comes with this product. I swatched it on my hand for the above photos and even with a shower, a day later there are still hints of it on my skin. This is an ideal product if you want a matte, extremely long lasting lip colour.

Have you tried any of these products? If so, let me know what you thought of them. I love hearing your opinions!



4 comments:

  1. I'd love to try The Body Shop Tea Tree Foaming Cleanser. I've heard a lot of good things about their tea tree line.

    :] // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should, i'm getting on well with it so far! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rimmel lipsticks are my favourite! So affordable! That brow stain looks interesting, I may pop to Boots and pick that up soon! Great post :)

    hannahnotes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the brow stain is good, I'm still getting used to it though. I love Rimmel Lipsticks too, they're such good quality! :) x

      Delete

I love reading your comments and I always try my best to reply to each one. Unfortunately Blogger does not notify me of your comments so please check back for a response on questions. However, if you would like to ask me anything in particular or have a general chat, feel free to tweet me (@emmawiths_) or email me (emz.101@hotmail.co.uk) Thanks for visiting my blog, means a lot! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...