January 14, 2015

Pretty in Pink | My Favourite Pink Lipsticks



I've always been a fan of pink when it comes to choosing lipsticks. I think it is such a wearable colour and there are so many shades and finishes to choose from nowadays, that you are almost always able to find a pink lipstick that suits your complexion, skin tone and taste. Don't get me wrong, I do love a bright red or vampy berry tones, however, I often find myself buying subtler colours because I know I will get a lot more use from a pretty pink than a bright red day to day.

I've decided to put together four of my most worn pink lipsticks just in case anyone fancied adding another to their overflowing collection of pink lipsticks. Here goes...

First up is MAC's 'Please me', (Bottom swatch) - which for some reason looks a lot more pinker in the photograph. I would describe 'Please me' as a muted pink matte lipstick with slight purple undertones. It was my first ever MAC lipstick and was in love at first use and still am. I think its a great wearable pink, however due to its matte formulation it can become quite drying on your lips so preparation is key because you apply. £15.50 from MAC stores. Secondly is L'oreal Collection Privee Lipstick in Julianne's Nude, (Second swatch from the bottom). This is the lipstick I carry around in my bag everyday. It's the most subtle of all the pinks as it provides a light pink glossy sheen to the lips when it is applied. It's a great subtle lipstick for everyday wear. Can be found in Boots/Superdrug for £7.99. Next up is Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Lipstick in 16, (Third swatch from the bottom). I would describe this pink as more of a salmon pink rather than a bright pink. It's quite understated and provides a matte finish on the lips. It's an ideal colour to wear if you are after a bright coral for summer but are a bit scared of going straight in with such a bright colour - this is the lipstick to buy to try out and why not as its a bargain at only £5.49 (at Boots.com). Last but not least is No.7 Moisture Drench lipstick in 'Mulberry', (Top swatch)I always think I look very mature when I wear this lipstick (haha). It is a darker toned pink than the others I have spoken about - more of a deep berry pink. I think it is more of a winter colour however, it feels amazing on the lips. It has a moisturising formula which makes it extremely comfortable to wear. It has superb lasting power, which is unusual for formulations which aren't totally matte. I also adore the shape of the packaging on this one too, it's pretty unusual. You can grab this beauty from Boots stores or online for £9.95.

So there we go, a small handful of some of my favourite pink lipsticks. What are some of your favourite pink lipsticks? Can your recommend me some?

Hope you enjoyed the post!


5 comments:

  1. "Please me" is really nice :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's such a lovely colour :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look of the MAC lipstick, I'll have to check it out next time I'm in MAC! X

    www.itslittlelaurenslooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominated you for the liebster award. xo

    www.chedsneh@blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments and I always try my best to reply to each one. Unfortunately Blogger does not notify me of your comments so please check back for a response on questions. However, if you would like to ask me anything in particular or have a general chat, feel free to tweet me (@emmawiths_) or email me (emz.101@hotmail.co.uk) Thanks for visiting my blog, means a lot! x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...